OK

My bilirubin levels came back quite high (3.1 total) in my recent blood test. my ast is 31 and alt is 34. my alk phos is a little low at 60. is this something to be concerned about?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 42 years experience
Yes, it is abnormal, your doctor will explain it to you and you may need further testing. Gilbert syndrome, a benign condition, can have isolated high bilirubin when blood is drawn with fasting, but usually bilirubin level is less than 2.
Pathology 49 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. If you were fasting when blood was collected you elevated bilirubin is consistent with Gilberts. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gilberts-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20372811

Last updated May 15, 2021