My blood test came back with my ast-253 alt-217 and alk phos-145.0 are these readings dangerously high? i have hep c and cirrhosis of the liver

Dr. Joy Jackson
These : These lab results are consistent with your condition, and indicate an advanced disease process. You need to be followed closely by your doctor. If you have abdominal pain, yellowing of the skin, vomiting blood, etc. Present to the er at once. Otherwise continue to follow up with your doctor and avoid alcohol, fatty foods, and foods with high salt content. Also avoid tylenol (acetaminophen) and advil. Take care.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine 50 years experience
Not 'dangerously': Your numbers are in the ranges commonly seen in people with liver inflammation and scarring. These blood tests cannot tell you how serious it is - other tests, like liver scans, ultrasounds, ct scans and (mainly) biopsy give the whole story. Tests of liver health like a prothrombin time (or inr) and Albumin levels are better indicators of whether your liver is damaged. Talk to your liver doctor.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016