U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old female asked:

My mother has copd end of life , respiratory failure , osteoporosis, cad, emphysema, thorax , etc her tongue has small bumps hurts to eat anything i'm caregiver what do i do asap she won't eat, get up, shower nothing?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Internal Medicine 31 years experience
You can call her hospice providers. A hospice nurse can come to your house anytime, day or night, to provide support and to treat your mother’s symptoms so that she remains comfortable at all times. There are medications that can be given to maintain her comfort. So, call for a hospice nurse to come to your house-describe what is happening and they will guide you and help you. Best of luck to you!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 12, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.