ZA

I am active and can do 90000 steps a week over and above 2 to 3 trips to the gym and walking the golf course. according to my fitbit i am burning 3500 calories per day. yet i cannot seem to lose weight despite averaging less than 2000 calories pd?

Pathology 50 years experience
Fitbit not accurate: If you are not losing weight, you need to reduce your intake, further. With increasing age the basal metabolism slows down. The exercise and reduced intake of food that would have worked in your twenties but not in your 50s. Try reducing your intake to 1500 calories/day. Wish you good health!
Dr. Nelsa Ciapponi
Can’t lose weight: Hello- if you’re unable to lose weight being as active as you are, there may be a metabolic or hormonal issue that your doctor could check for. Thyroid and sleep issues can play a part in weight loss along with a healthy eating plan.

Last updated Nov 27, 2020