i've got the issue with my knees where they are clicking slot and after the click i get a dull ache i've also noticed that standing for about 20 mins makes them hurt when it didn't use to and they are red constantly. no trauma. what could it be?

Dr. Nikhil Agarwal
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Meniscal tear: It can be a meniscal tear. The redness could indicate increased inflammation specially since it is starting to hurt now. Typically using anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen or naproxen otc with knee support and physical therapy helps. If the redness is marked with swelling then a more urgent evaluation is needed.