U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old female asked:

Wood piece fell on my foot. vein ruptured under skin and is showing a blood bubble as big as a marble. what should i do?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 44 years experience
Usually when the skin is not pierced we leave the wound alone so it’s not to create an infection. However if this is giving you trouble difficulty wearing shoes then utilizing a sterile needle might be utilized to drain the bubble. After which I would using topical antibiotic ointment and cover it with a Band-Aid or dressing. I would apply the antibiotic and dressings until healed
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 15, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.