I have a blood filled skin bubble on my lef big toe between the nail and skin what could this be and how do i treat it. (its not a blister) ?

Dr. Colin Kerr
Toe nail clot: What you are describing sounds most like a "subungual [underneath the nail] hematoma [clot]". This is a common injury, usually due to a bump or contusion of the toe which breaks a blood vessel under the nail. It is not a serious injury but it can be quite painful depending on the amount of blood. For severe pain, to release the blood a doctor touches a hot wire to the nail to release the blood.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
See a podiatrist: It sounds like you have an ingrown toenail. You should see a podiatrist.

Last updated Jul 22, 2016