Conyers, GA

I have a pulling sensation from top of foot down to big toe nail can feel it when i rub against the vein could it be a blood clot?

Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 50 years experience
Not likely: The symptoms you are describing are more likely to be tendonitis.
Dr. David Tobin
Podiatry 39 years experience
No: Veins arteries and nerves travel together, you are most likely stimulating a nerve. If you're rubbing really hard you my be stretched the tendon to the toe.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
While uncommon: In the foot, they do occur. There is a "plexus" of nerves on the top of the foot and one can get a clot. More likely, would be a tendonitis or a neuritis. See a podiatist and have it checked out.
Dr. Eric Abrams
31 years experience
Probably not: More than likely, you have a case of tendinitis, specifically of the ehl or extensor hallucis longus tendon, which runs downward across the ankle down to the big toe. A clot will typically present with redness and/or swelling of the area, and is more common in the large veins of the lower leg. However, you should seek medical care if you ever suspect a clot, to rule it out completely!

Last updated Apr 15, 2019