Pakistan

I clench and grind teeth during sleep at night for 4 years... with very high sound... please tell me treatment?i have no any stress, no anxiety..... if you recommend me "night guard" then please also tell me for how long i should wear it? thank you?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Night Guard: A bruxism appliance will not stop you from grinding. It will, however, prevent wear and tear on your teeth and surrounding tissues. You should wear it while you sleep, and wear it as long as you continue to clench and grind your teeth.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Bruxism: A night guard is like a bandaid. It doesn't treat the cause, but it does lessen symptoms, protecting your teeth from damage. How Lon g you will need one depends open your own personal need, no two people are alike. See your Dentist immediately for a custom made night guard to protect your teeth, and further investigation into the cause of your bruxism.

Last updated Sep 17, 2020