Brooklyn, NY

I am a healthy 51-year-old male. i have been taking 60 mg of baclofen for about 1-year. 20 mg 3x per day. i no longer need it. can you please tell me how to safely taper off this medicine properly? thank you.

Dr. Lauren Bickel
Specializes in Family Medicine
Varies - slowly best: That is good to taper off the Med if not needed. Try taking just twice a day for 2-3 weeks, then if no difficulties go down to once daily (either at bedtime if it causes drowsiness or during the day if you feel stiff) for 2-3 weeks, then one every other day for 2-3 weeks, then stop. Hopefully you are doing maintenance exercises to help prevent recurrent problems

Last updated Aug 29, 2020