ZA

I am 30 weeks pregnant and have a toothache. i saw a dentist yesterday, she said i have abscess, she did not give me medication and requested that i ask my gynae for prescription. i am in pain, what over the counter medication is safe for pregnancy.

Dr. Miles Mitchell
Specializes in Family Medicine
Acetaminophen: Acetaminophen, which goes under many different brand names in different countries, is the only pregnancy-safe medication generally OTC in most countries. It is sometimes mixed with other medications, so check labels carefully. Though safe in pregnancy, some people should not take it, but you would probably know if that applied to you.

Last updated Jul 9, 2020