South Africa

I had my blood pressure taken today and it gave a reading of 141/98, the nurse told me that was a bit too high and took it for the second time which gave a reading of 138/96. is this something to be worried about? i get headaches every second day

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Of concern: Headaches in the presence of an elevated diastolic blood pressure are of concern for hypertension. You should start checking your blood pressure, reduce salt intake and see your GP in order to see if treatment needs to be started. Work up may be needed given your age.
Last updated Mar 11, 2020