U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Prescott, AR
A 57-year-old male asked about a 81-year-old male:

My dad is 84 and diabetic and here within the last 2 months he has got water blisters appearing on legs below knees and feet and one on palm side of finger. been going to wound center to treat but they dont know wht caused it. referd to skin doctor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Water blisters: Is he retaining large amounts of fluid that breaks through the skin to form blisters? If so, as a diabetic, congestive heart failure or diabetic related kidney damage, which causes huge loss of protein through the urine and thus lowering serum proteins enough to cause edema, may be the problem. Have his urine checked for protein. Another possibility is a skin disorder called diabetic bullosis
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 12, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.