U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old male asked:

I suspect a rotary cuff injury and been self medicating with ibuprofen for 4 weeks. i dont want to unnecessarily spend thousands on drs visit and mr. should i continue to self medicate for another week or visit a physio or should i see a dr.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Steven Simon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 39 years experience
See your doc: At 32 your symptoms should have cleared by now from simple injury. This could be a lingering bursitis, AC joint arthritis, tendinitis or injury at the rotator cuff if symptoms continue. A PMR doc or orthopedist can examine you and determine if this is significant, and more Important, tell you how to avoid future injury at the site.
Last updated Nov 18, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.