U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old male asked:

I have hurt/damaged my knee while playing sports over a month ago and there is still a lingering pain. would it be better to visit a physio or doctor to assess the problem. the pain occurs in the joints. ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Yes,see orthopedist: There may a strain of the ligaments of knee, sometimes even a chip fracture may be there. Your knee needs to be xrayed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 9, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.