U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old male asked:

Hi, i have tendinitis in my wrist which has been there for about 4 years. what specialist would be best to visit to assess and fix my wrist? i have tried physio, and have had a cortisone injection a few years back, but neither solved the problem

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Steven Simon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 39 years experience
Several options: Physical medicine and rehabilitation PMR docs are trained in non surgical approaches, while orthopedic surgeons are trained in both surgical and non surgical methods. Sounds like you are still aggravating your wrist with activity. Learning ergonomic ways to perform tasks without re injury will be important to resolve these issues. Good luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 1, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.