U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

I have a head ache and cramping in my chest and back. just took my blood pressure and the readings are 169/100. on a normal workday my readings are about 140/95. should i go see a doctor?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Yes: Your blood pressure needs treatment. Cramping of chest and back are atypical symptoms and more information about these symptoms is needed. An ekg will probably be ordered as part of your examination. Go to the hospital emergency room if chest distress persists or shortness of breath occurs.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.