U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 59-year-old female asked:

I have been having head ache for more than a week and have this high high pitch humming or buzzing it wont go away even went to er and my primary care doctor none of the meds worked.i have been dizzy blurry vision no sleep blood pressure high too?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
Further work up will be needed. Ideally a neurologist if you did not have imaging, x-ray/CT/MRI and/or ENT specialist for a detailed exam will be needed timely. The humming is called tinnitus and may become hard to control.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 54 years experience
Many possible explanations, but increased intracranial pressure might explain. Have you done a brain imaging study such as CAT scan or MRI? Have you seen a neurologist or scheduled to do so? Do you have history of prior headaches, perhaps even migraines? Can we help point the way via a virtual consult (www.connect@healthtap.com)?
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 9, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.