ZA

i had a ct scan and the results are a bosniak 2 cyst in the upper pole of the right kidney, no significant abnormalities evident. do i need to go to a nephrologist for a consult?

Dr. Richard Romano
Kidney cyst: Bosniak II percentage malignant: ~0%. Does not need further evaluation. Bosniak IIF you need to see the nephrologist, with a 5% chance of concerning cancer.
Dr. Bernardo Rodriguez
Specializes in Urology
Renal cyst: Like the doctor said Bosniak 2 not needed to follow up. The important thing here is that the CT have been with contrast, that you have been inyected with contrast I.V. at the moment of the test. This to differentiate the cyst. If you want to be 100% sure of your diagnosis, I would recommend assist with an urologist more than with a nephrologist, with your CT. Have a nice day. Hope the info help.

Last updated May 3, 2019