Denver, CO

i'm still having pain from a proximal phalanx fracture. it hurts on the bottom of my foot. i'm in an orthopedic shoe which also hurts when i step. ?

Dr. Kathy Robinson
See ortho again: It really depends upon how long ago the fracture was, but if you are having more pain than expected, you need to see the orthopedist again. They may be able to adjust your shoe or make other suggestions.
Dr. Richard Mallia
Weight bearing : When you have a fracture in one of the toes in the foot, immobility becomes a large issue when healing is concerned. The area where the fracture is should have no movement for quicker healing. If there is movement from weight bearing or other kind of situation, then the bone may have delayed healing or no healing and increased pain as a result. X-Rays may help measure the progress.