Saudi Arabia

can i give honey to my 6 years old son after a dose of amoxicillin to help with bad taste of medication?

Yes: I see no problem with this.

What is the best way to care for my son's skin after circumcision?

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Specializes in Pediatrics
A&D ointment: Until the penis has healed which usually is only two or three days vitamin a&d ointment should be applied either directly to the penis or generously applied to the front of the diaper to prevent the healing wound from sticking to the diaper.

I feel uncomfortable when I breastfeed my newborn in front of my two sons (age 10 and 12). Could this cause them to have psychological issues in the future?

Dr. Pamela Lindor
No: You need to do what you feel most comfortable with. You should have a quiet, relaxed place to nurse the baby. Ten and twelve year old boys can learn to respect privacy. But, the benefits of seeing and understanding how babies are fed will be invaluable for them as adult men and fathers. Explain your feelings to them, and what you feel is appropriate.

Can pain or tetanus shots elevate glucose levels? My son recently had both and his levels have been high.

Any stress a problem: The normal response of the body to any stressor include the output of Epinephrine & cortisol . The amount will be in proportion to the stressor;physical trauma(shot, fall, illness) or mental(fear). These chemical agents will push up the blood sugar thru a variety of metabolic effects.

My 11 year old son cut his shin open on a piece of metal, does not need stitches, we can't remember when his last tetnus shot was, what are symptoms to look for ? Thank you.

Dr. Kamel Sadek
Things to consider. : Your son is 11 years of age and he is due to have a tetanus booster at this age. As for the shin cut, hopefully it was cleaned with hydrogen peroxide and treated with an antibiotic ointment. The best thing to do is to schedule an appointment with his pediatrician or family physician to get his shot and check on his cut.

How is birth control affected by amoxicillin?

Dr. Timothy Brown
It decreases it: Amoxicillin, like the majority of commonly used antibiotics, interfere with the effectiveness of the birth control pill. You should use some form of backup contraception during the cycle that you are taking the antibiotic.

Last updated Mar 18, 2019