ZA

my husband has an ingrown toenail it's so bad that its dark purple from the corner of his toe right down his toe it's swollen and oozing puss. he doesn't want to see a doctor but should i force him to see one?

Dr. Richard Greenwald
Podiatry 42 years experience
"Oozing pus,": Oozing pus is a sign (along with swelling, warmth, discoloration) highly suggest an infectious process and warrants being seen by a doctor ASAP. An infection needs attention! This could be something that can spread, not just locally, but throughout the body. Force? Not sure what that means, but this is not something to wait GET TO A DOC-
Dr. Richard Mallia
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Yes, force him to see a Podiatrist.
Dec 19, 2018