ZA

I have difficulty staying asleep and usually manage only four hours of sleep. what can i do to alleviate my problem?

Dr. Deborah Reynolds
Sleep hygiene: The first thing is practicing good "Sleep Hygiene," and you can find lots of information about this on the internet (see the attached image for a brief list). Lots of factors can contribute to difficulty staying asleep, such as Sleep Apnea, Caffeine/Alcohol/meds, stress, depression, physical problems or pain. Functioning and alertness during the daytime are the best indicator of how u r sleeping
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Reynolds is absolutely correct! Also search this forum! This is common problem and we have given a lot of helpful answers to it over the years. So search the site for insomnia or sleep hygiene and see more suggestions and links.
Oct 16, 2018
Last updated Oct 6, 2020