Fort Mill, SC

I have swelling in my feet and ankles pretty frequently, it gets worse toward the afternoon each day. what could be possible cause of this and what should i do to prevent the swelling?

Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice 53 years experience
Orthostatic edema: Provided that you do not have heart , liver or kidney problems. Whenever you rest elevate your legs above the heart and do not stay sitting or standing positon long time. Also reduce the salt intake and if swelling still persist after all these actions see your doctor to get low dose diuretic prescription to bring the swelling down.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 29, 2020