U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

Hi i have a problem with my bodies mass i cannot seem to gain weight i am i wear a size 28 and of 28 years old i have bought powder and try to eat carbs and anything fatty basically but no success is there anything you can recommend?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
See Dr., then eat...: If one is truly underweight (based on height, family background, and body type), a Dr. can evaluate for a hormonal, digestive, or other disorder. If no medical cause is found, then one can add weight by eating more calories of nutritious foods, while also doing weight-training to increase muscle. Proteins: egg white, chicken breast, salmon,... Better fats: olive oil, peanuts, almonds, tofu,...
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 16, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.