U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old male asked:

4 year old child weighing 11.7 kg, height 96cm. based on government guideline he is below average for his age. how do we address this. he is refusing to take any formula foods to supplement diet

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Pediatrician helpful: An undersized child's pediatrician can be helpful. The doctor will check the child's growth chart from the last few years, look at the food diary and activities diary recorded by the parents, compare the child's size with the size of parents and siblings, check the blood count and chemistries, look for an underlying illness, and assess the mood of the child and parents. Start with a pediatrician.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 30, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.