College Station, TX

I injured my mcl 1 degree sprain. it has been 4 months since injury occurred and i have done everything that doctor told me to do so. pain and stiffness still haven't gone away. what can i do with it? why does it still hurt?

Dr. John cuong Doan
Any ligament injury: lasting more than 1 month should be seen to by an orthopedist. If your doctor asked you to rest, elevate, ice, and compress and gave you medications, then you would need stretching then strengthening exercises for your knee. If you have done those, and it still hurts, or restricts movement, then you need to see an Orthopedist for further imaging and therapeutic considerations.

Last updated May 11, 2018