U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
College Station, TX
A 20-year-old male asked:

I injured my mcl 1 degree sprain. it has been 4 months since injury occurred and i have done everything that doctor told me to do so. pain and stiffness still haven't gone away. what can i do with it? why does it still hurt?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John cuong Doan
Family Medicine 19 years experience
Any ligament injury: lasting more than 1 month should be seen to by an orthopedist. If your doctor asked you to rest, elevate, ice, and compress and gave you medications, then you would need stretching then strengthening exercises for your knee. If you have done those, and it still hurts, or restricts movement, then you need to see an Orthopedist for further imaging and therapeutic considerations.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 11, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.