NJ

8wks ago i sprained my ankle no break i'm still in pain doc said just rest and today i think i re-injured it by twisting it any sugg ?

Dr. Vikram Patel
Pain Management 37 years experience
Ankle sprain: You should stabilize the ankle with a brace or an elastic bandage at the least. Applying ice initially to reduce the swelling and heat after about 2 days to improve blood flow should help. Make sure it is not broken when you injured it second time. Ligaments take weeks to months to heal. Good luck.
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Podiatry 13 years experience
Ankle sprain: 8 weeks is typically enough time to heal an ankle sprain if properly protected... with a re-injury some patients need an additional 6-8 weeks of isolated healing... the best thing for you to do is to get an exam for the best diagnosis and treatment plan for you! Best wishes!