OK

dentist said i could do just local or take tranquilizer too for wisdom teeth removal if i didn't want ga or iv sedation. would ativan be appropriate?

Dr. Brian Vancil
Dentistry 20 years experience
Atvian is ok: Atvian is OK to calm you down, but I would personally recommend Triazolam, which has some amnesic properties to it. I would talk with your dentist about taking Triazolam if you are opposed to IV sedation.
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 37 years experience
You should follow: the recommendation of the dentist. He/she should be the one prescribing the appropriate medication. He/she should also be qualified to do sedation dentistry. Every state has slightly different regulations regarding this. Sounds as though the dentist is trying to "get off the hook" by suggesting that YOU take what ever...

Last updated Mar 3, 2018