47 f. casual runner , about 6-9 miles a week of running. freq. experience plantar fasciitis and hip pains after running. why and what can be done?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Running: Are you running on pavement or grass? Are your footwear and running technique adequate? If so,I think you and your feet and hips would be better off with a different type of aerobic exercise like cycling,swimming,walking. You'd probably avoid hip and knee damage in the future years, also. In my opinion humans are built for walking and not running long distances.
Answered on Mar 3, 2018