ZA

how often should i visit the dentist for cleaning my teeth?

Every 6 months: Normal, healthy people should visit their dentists for preventive dental care twice a year. X-rays are usually done every 1-2 years. At home, daily brushing and flossing are required. Eat a healthy, balanced diet, and never use tobacco.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Usually 2x/year: For a person with optimum oral health, twice a year. But you have to do your part, you have to brush 2x/day for 2 full minutes by the clock, and floss or WaterPik 1x/day to reach the places a toothbrush can't get to, between teeth. If your oral health is compromised, more frequent professional cleanings may be recommended.