Why are my teeth sensitive? after my last visit to the dentist two weeks ago, i feel like the molars in my lower mouth are sensitive when i bite. i hadn't been to the dentist in quite a while before that, and i think my dentist had to do some extra cleani

Dr. Jonathan Scharf
Cosmetic Dentistry 49 years experience
You're : You're not specific about the treatment but it sounds like an aggressive cleaning. If that's so it is quite possible to have sensitivity that may go away. Although something like sensodyne can work if it's just a post-cleaning reaction, it certainly can't hurt to call and ask to be seen.
Dr. Peter Eng
Dentistry 33 years experience
Clean gums: Cleaning plaque buildup on teeth sometimes causes sensitivity because removing plaque from under the gums exposes the roots of your teeth temporarily and sensitivity can occur temporarily.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016