Greece

After my teeth cleaning in the dentist, is it normal in the next few days my gums to bleed (minimally)? i feel at times the taste of blood and i spit a little saliva with pink.blood tests normal. ent visit normal.

Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto
General Practice 41 years experience
No, it is not normal: I would suggest you go to a dentist and have a thorough exam with radiographs of your teeth and jaws. Bleeding gingiva is not normal. It may be a something that is simple to treat or it may be more complicated.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Surgery: A dental cleaning is often limited surgical procedure, removing damaged tissue from below the gum line caused by tarter & plaque accumulation. you may require more intensive gum treatment. Report your situation to your Dentist. Additional treatment, referral to a Periodontist, or more frequent professional cleanings may be indicated. You can minimize damage by flossing EVERY day.
Dr. William Wilson
Gum bleeding: I assume your dentist found no evidence of major gum disease. A lack of vitamin C is a common cause of bleeding gums. I recommend take 500-1,000 mg of vitamin C daily and also take the fat soluble form of the vitamins, ascorbic palmitate 500 mg daily. It's also a good idea to each food rich in vitamin C.

Last updated Jun 25, 2020