A 31-year-old female asked:

I played action crieket on tuesday night and the ball hit me on the side of my knee lateral collateral ligament and still hurt.must i go to a doctor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 61 years experience
Sounds like: a simple contusion ...if it doesn't resond to ICE, ELEVATION and REST for 48 hours an x ray to rule out small FRACTURE is indicated! Hope this helps Dr Z
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 20, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.