U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old male asked:

I hurt my knee while playing football. doctor said i have a torn ligament but not sure because haven't take any xray.what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Thomas Alost Jr
Orthopedic Surgery 39 years experience
MRI: X-rays will only show bony trauma. Physical exam first then MRI to determine which ligament (or cartilage) could be injured. This will then determine treatment, non-surgical or surgical.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.