U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old member asked:

What type of doctor do i take my 14yr old if she hurt her knee playing soccer?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Start with PCP: Your kids doc should be able to assess the situation & order any basic tests to define the injury involved. If needed , a referral to a sports medicine specialist or orthopedic surgeon might be needed but many prefer to evaluate the patient after initial swelling has gone down.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 14, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.