U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Hampton, VA
A male asked:

I am 60 years old (m) & weigh 275 pounds.i eat fairly unhealthy.i drink one gallon of sweet tea a day but want to quit and substitute water.good idea?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Wilson
Addiction Medicine 47 years experience
Good idea: You may want to taper the tea intake over several days, otherwise you may experience caffeine withdrawal headache or other symptoms.
Dr. Louise Andrew
A Verified Doctoranswered
Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
Excellent idea: Sugar is your absolute worst enemy. Go with something like Stevia in your tea, if you must, but water is far better for you. Good luck!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 17, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.