Chicago, IL

i have been having chronic diarhhea for months. it started after i had my appendix out 3 months ago. could the appendectomy cause the diarhhea?

Dr. Randy Stevens
General Surgery 24 years experience
See your doctor: You had an appendix removed for pain. You have diarrhea for 3 months following appendix removal. You should talk to your doctor and surgeon. You may have diarrhea from the antibiotics you received. You may need treatment. Your doctor will want to see you. This can be treated.
Dr. Randy Stevens
General Surgery 24 years experience
Provided original answer
During covid the ability to see your doctor may be best handled by telemedicine. But don’t stop caring for yourself.
Sep 26, 2020