MA

3 of my teeth got hurt after i bit a piece of rock.1 tooth is already lose(gum problm).my dentist shook it many times.will that make the tooth loser?

Dr. Geraldine Goertzen
Emergency Medicine 30 years experience
Not permanently: Your dentist was checking the stability of your tooth and gums. In order to know how to treat it, your dentist needed to know if it was unstable. If your dentist found instability, he would have fixed that. He is not going to apply enough force to cause a stable tooth to become unstable.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Loose tooth: Dental examination will not make tooth looser. Loss of additional bone support will. If you have loose tooth/teeth I would recommend consulting with a Periodontist, a gum/bone specialist, to prevent future bone loss.

Last updated Oct 23, 2017