India

i'm 35, 5'8, was 220 lbs(junk foodie)in april when i'v startd ~1900 cal/day home diet.no junk .no gym but light walk sometimes. nearly in 21weeks i'v lost 21 lbs with this diet. all blood works ok. is this weight loss healthy or any major problem??

Dr. Nisha Chellam
Weight loss: This weight loss is fine. Typically doctors recommend weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week, which you are doing. Congratulations! Weight loss isn't easy. Regarding exercise, it is a small percent of weight loss. Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommends up to 150 minutes of walking per week. Personally, I feel at least 5 minutes of walking per hour is ideal.
Dr. Marissa Chesney
General Practice 12 years experience
Yes: You are losing weight at the recommended rate of 1 lb per week. As long as the change that you have made are understood as lifestyle changes and not just changes that are made until you get to your goal weight, you are doing very well. Keep up the good work.