India

I see moderate mucus in my stool often.bm's regular.rarely little red blood mixd with it after 1-2 bm's.my hb is 14.4.no ob.no abd pain. pass wind.no vomit.all blood work ok.on a low cal diet since march.lost 16(218->202)lbs. is that loss due to ca?

Dr. David Lipkin
Less likely so: Loosing 16 pounds in 6+ months on a diet is not unusual and colon cancer, or other cancers, would seem less likely. Small amount of blood in stool may just be from hemorrhoids. Some mucus in stool can be normal.**But to be on the safe side discuss your symptoms with your physician who will decide if you need a colonoscopy. For information on hemorrhoids see: http://wb.md/1Jj80zo
Dr. Abdus Khan
Urgent Care 31 years experience
There is not enough : Evidence either way. Your age is not to much to put you at risk and you don't have symptoms indicating any cancer. If this is a concern of your then you should go get checked out by your GP.
Last updated Jan 22, 2021