I see moderate mucus in my stool often.bm's regular.rarely little red blood mixd with it after 1-2 bm's.my hb is 14.4.no ob.no abd pain. pass wind.no vomit.all blood work ok.on a low cal diet since march.lost 16(218->202)lbs. is that loss due to ca?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. David Lipkin answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Loosing 16 pounds in 6+ months on a diet is not unusual and colon cancer, or other cancers, would seem less likely. Small amount of blood in stool may just be from hemorrhoids. Some mucus in stool can be normal.**But to be on the safe side discuss your symptoms with your physician who will decide if you need a colonoscopy. For information on hemorrhoids see: http://wb.md/1Jj80zo

Answered Mar 31, 2023

1k views