U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
East Hartford, CT
A 18-year-old male asked:

I had an ear keloid removed but there is still some keloid tissue within my ear. is there are way to get rid of it?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
Unfortunately: since a keloid is a overgrown "scar" remocing it often just "generates" another scar..especially in people who are "prone" to keloid formation! I would suggest you consult a Board Certified Dermatologist with an "interest" in this condition! Hope this helps Dr Z
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.