I'm on a homely diet since april : low fat, medium carb & veg protein. low on ani protein, no red meat, no fast food, greasy/fried food. high veg, fruits. brisk walking. i lost 13 lbs in this tenure. is this normal loss or i am seriously ill inside?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Julie Abbott answered

Specializes in Preventive Medicine

It has been about 12 or 13 weeks since the middle of April (today is July 20). That would be losing about a pound a week. Now I don't know if you are trying to lose weight, but if you are, this is just about perfect! (I don't know if you worried that you are losing too much or not enough). But losing 1 pound a week on a sensible diet such as this is your best shot at normal long term weight.

Answered Jul 20, 2016

1.1k views