my pinky toe, bone under pinky toe and side of foot by pinky toe has been numb for 2 months. what could be causing this?

5 doctor answers
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Nerve damage: The nerve leading to that part of the body is the peripheral branch of the medial cutaneous nerve. Just where the nerve was damaged I do not know but it was damaged probably about 2 months ago. Think back to when your symptoms started. It's a peripheral nerve so it usually heals well and grows about 1 mm/day.
Answered on Apr 8, 2016
1
Dr. Carisa Hines
20 years experience Palliative Care
Numbness: Numbness may indicate nerve involvement of some sort. I would seek medical evaluation.
Answered on Apr 8, 2016
1
Dr. Harold Fields
Toe: you may have bruised the nerve to the area and I would think it would eventually recovert
Answered on Apr 8, 2016
1
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
12 years experience Podiatry
Numbness and: tingling sensations on the outside of the foot close to the little toe are seen commonly in patients with L4 spinal compression. The pain or abnormal sensation is typically noticed when the patient is lying down flat and a shooting pain will also sometimes occur. However, you may only have a digital nerve compression in your foot. Check with your doctor for a proper exam and treatment plan!
Answered on Apr 8, 2016
1
Dr. Scott Keith
43 years experience Podiatry
May or may not heal.: The area you are having numbness in seems to be totally delineated by the 1st sacral dermatome. The dysfunctional nerves could be in the back's sacral area, the peroneal nerve in the knee area, the lateral plantar and/or the sural nerves in the foot. Something has disrupted the nerve impulse along this route and the result is numbness. To remove all doubt, a neurologist needs to be consulted.
Answered on May 10, 2017
1