Los Angeles, CA

Recurring pain on left side near bottom of rib cage? i have scoliosis, and it's almost as though the area is a boney bump, compared to the other side? could i just be feeling my own rib/ scoliosis by causing the pain and asymmetry? (scared of cancer)

Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Probably scoliosis: Speak to your doc about it and he will examine you and maybe get an x-ray exam. You almost certainly do not have a cancer but your anatomy is a bit unusual.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Endocrinology 53 years experience
Scoliosis: I don't think you need to scared of cancer - it is unlikely at your age. That said, scoliosis must be carefully evaluated by an Orthopedic Surgeon. Please let me know what develops.
Last updated Dec 20, 2017