is a very small bump on the chest a sign of breast cancer? while taking a shower, i noticed a pimple sized red blotch near my chest area. when i squeezed it, some yellow-ish white pus came out, then it bled a little. i freaked out, and i don't know what t

2 doctor answers
Dr. Mary Engrav
30 years experience Emergency Medicine
I : I can understand your concern. As this has occurred more than once, please have this evaluated. It sounds like an infectious area such as a small area of a skin infection, but this should be tested and a wound culture taken. It is extremely unlikely that it is cancer, but if you have risk factors and depending on your age it is always wise to get a mammogram. Please see your doctor for evaluation. If you have increased pain, fever, feel flu-like, or have red streaks or increased redness from the area then you must be seen immediately.
Answered on Apr 5, 2020
3
Dr. John Rimmer
38 years experience General Surgery
Sebaceous cyst: This sounds like an infected sebaceous cyst which is benign and can occur anywhere on the skin. Please get checked by your dr to make sure it is not a breast lump.
Answered on Feb 13, 2017
3