I've been diagnosed with gastritis but my ppi doesn't seem to be helping this time. i have awful burning pain in my upper abdomen. what else can i try?

Dr. Stuart Winkler
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis 49 years experience
Gastritis: The usual treatment for gastritis is antacids and medications that decrease the production of acid in your stomach. I assume you are on these medications. You can buy them yourself in the pharmacy. Omeprazole is an example of medication you can buy over the counter. If despite these medications you continue to have symptoms, you need to see a gastroenterologist and have endoscopy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Flash Gordon
General Practice 49 years experience
PPI medications work much, much better if they are taken in exactly 30 minutes before the first food of the day. That food must include a little protein.
Sep 7, 2015
Last updated Mar 18, 2017