TX

Hi! i just recently sprained my ankle while running about 12 days ago... i am able to walk on it while limping and i still have very bad brusing and swelling. the brusing comes all the way up my leg. i'm a nurse and need to go back to work. i'm also a run

Dr. Ashwin Patel
Urgent Care 42 years experience
See a doctor: Swollen and bruised ankle is usually due to a bad sprain or fracture. You need to be seen by a doctor and have xrays. Also the injured ankle needs to be rested to let it heal.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Not Good.: If you were attending to the ankle in the RICE fashion as well as protecting it form unnecessary stress, your ankle would probably not be exhibiting the signs of an acutely sprained ankle after twelve days. The edema is consistent with an unstable ankle sprain and needs at least cam walker type immobilization, at least. If this was a self diagnosed sprain, you need to have a doctor examine it.

Last updated Aug 21, 2015