I have pain on the outside of my foot by my ankle, but no bruising and no swelling. it hurts when i walk, haven't tried running. any ideas?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. James Rochester answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

I assume you are a runner? Several things come to mind. Stress fracture of the 5th mt, tendonitis of the peroneus tendons, bony contusion to 5th MT (outside bone in foot). Try icing 20-30min on then 20-30 min off and OTC dose of anti-inflamatory liek advil, motrin, aleve (naproxen) per label directions(provided there is no reason for you NOT to take them) No running. If no better 10-14 days see doc.

Answered May 7, 2015

4k views