Washington, DC
A male asked:

My fibula near my ankle hurts badly every time i press on it and sometimes when u walk on it. i have been running a lot recently. what should i do?

Dr. Alexios Apazidis
Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery 17 years experience
Ankle sprain: Where are you are referring to is the attachment. For the anterior and posterior tibial or fibular ligament's. They are most commonly injured and sprains, additionally the peroneal tendon's run behind the fibula and are commonly inflamed and repetitive running activities. You would require an MRI to diagnose the problem and direct care such as bracing and steroid injections.

Last updated Sep 24, 2016